Monday, December 8, 2014

Just an Update

Well, it's been a hot minute since I've returned to the Blogging world, so I figured with so many positive things going on in my life, I should share them with those that are closest to me :)

I recently found a niche in the crafting world, little did I know I possesed the patience to craft and I loe working with burlap. I have made a LOT of wreaths, hair-bows, headbands, placemats...just about anything really. I have a page on facebook you should follow (if you don't already) called The Crafty Wife Collection. I make custom orders for people as well as seasonal items. I enjoy it. I love the response I get from people when they see their project come to life and proud to see it displayed in their homes or office. Who knew with getting older you would find new things about yourself? Hmm...

Next....my husband and I became a part of an amazing business opportunity with LifeVantage, which you will read more about. It will have it's own Blog. To be in business for ourselves and work with our family and neighbors on our team is just awesome. We all help each other and it is an awesome way to gain extra income while improving the health of yourself and those you love. Stand by.....

I also recently started to attend church again. Sad that where I live there are no Lutheran churches. I was just raised going to those. I enjoy any church, if they don't judge. Yes i have attended a few of those in my past where they do judge you by appearance and not what you harbor in your heart. Sad to say I stopped going due to that reason. But I had an amazing grandma (God rest your soul Mema) that taught me how to worship and love God on your own, how to read and understand the Bible and Gods word. I learned a lot about faith from that woman, and I am forever greatful. I have never read the bible in its entirity yet, but I am working on it. I have taken several steps in the ways of changing myself for the better. Becoming a better Christian person, wife and step-mom. Since doing so I have noticed a change within myself, almost like seeing through different eyes. Where certain things use to aggravate and upset me, now I try to figure it out and pray for the person or situation, which at times can be hard. I must admit, I thought I would never pray for someone that I'd rather give a swift kick in the rear to. LOL but to be a better BIGGER person, you must. I have found such faith and acceptance from people whom i NEVER thought would accept me because I am "different". My dear friends and family from the Heritage Apostolic Penticostal Church in Glenallen. Yes you read that right, ME attending church AND God didn't strike me down, so I guess there is hope for me yet. :)
I was nervous no doubt because I don't wear the skirts, i cut and color my hair, wear makeup and all that stuff. I wondered "are they going to like me, or are they going to judge me" some of you may be reading this blog, don't take that personal, just how i saw things at FIRST. But once i attended, I realized that you accepted me and liked me for who I AM not what i looked like. I follow the modest dress code, except i wear pants. I go to worship and pray just the same as they do. I have made some awesome friendships and relationships beyond what I have imagined, and i thank GOD everyday for that and being patient with me on my journey as a better Christian. I am blessed to have some pretty amazing people praying for me as well :)

Otherwise all is well in this Boyer household. We've added a new kitty cat, Lucy, she's about 6 months old now and all grey. Also, we have 2 chickens. 1 rooster and 1 hen, what are the odds of that? My step daughter won them at the fall festival in town when they were babies. Needless to say, they grew up in our spare bedroom in a kennel until they were old enough to be outside. Henry and Magdalene are their names, and no, we aren't putting these 2 on the menu LOL

Until next time......God Bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment